Parasites are creepy crawly little creatures that feed off of other living beings. They are something most of us think of happening in third world countries, but what percentage of the population right here in America is infected? The answer will surprise you. It’s an whopping estimated 90%, and you might be one of them.
There are over 150,000 different types of known parasites, though only a few can be accurately tested for. Most go undetected until illness of an unspecified cause has already set in and exploratory surgery is performed, usually for attempted repair of failed organs. This is when parasites are found to be the culprit.
Freaked out yet? I know I was. I came across this information and was just out rightly shocked. Then I started to wonder, did I have parasites? Was I in the 90%?
How is your health? Do you feel good on a daily basis? Or do you lack energy, feel sluggish, have digestive issues, allergies or headaches? If you have been to doctor after doctor and tried just about everything to no avail there is a possibility that this could be an issue for you.
Parasites can take hold anywhere in the body, in any organ or tissue. As they are animals not only do they need to eat – taking away nutrition from their host, they produce waste. This waste is toxic and is what causes the majority of parasite related health issues.
These issues can include, but are not limited to:
Diarrhea, Chronic Constipation, Gas & Bloating, Digestive Problems, Excessive Early Bowel Movements (very explosive bowel movements very soon after eating), Abdominal Pain, Mucus in the Stools, Leaky Gut, Nausea, Hemorrhoids, Burning in the Stomach, Bloody Stools, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Low Energy, Lethargy, Excessive Weakness, Dry Skin, Dry Hair, Brittle Hair, Hair Loss, Allergies, Itchy Nose, Itchy Anus, Itchy Skin, Hives, Allergic Reactions to Food, Crawling Sensation Under the Skin, Rashes,
Weeping Eczema, Cutaneous Ulcers, Papular Lesions, Swelling, Sores, Mood Swings,Nervousness, Depression, Forgetfulness, Unclear Thinking, Restlessness, Anxiety
Slow Reflexes, Insomnia, Teeth Grinding During Sleep, Bed Wetting, Drooling While Asleep, Disturbed Sleep – Multiple Awakenings, weight gain, weight loss, inability to gain or lose weight, Muscle Pain, Joint Pain, Muscle Cramping,Numbness of the Hands and/or Feet, Heart Pain, Pain in The Navel, Pain in the Back, Thighs or Shoulders, Arthritic Pains, Fast Heartbeat, Hypoglycemia, Anemia, Male Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction, PMS, Candida – Yeast Infections, Urinary Tract Infections, Cysts & Fibroids, Menstrual Problems, Prostate Problems,Water Retention, Excessive Saliva, Unclear Vision, Bad Breath, Poor Immune Response,Fever, Respiratory Problems, Peritonitis, Chronic Viral or Bacterial Symptoms, and
Amazing isn’t it? That something so small can wreak so much havoc?
What puts you at risk for parasitic infection?
Do you have a pet?
If you sleep with or snuggle with a pet, you are putting yourself at risk for a roundworm infection. Many dogs and cats do have roundworms. It is not the same as heartworms and is not protected against via their monthly medications.
Do you eat sushi?
Parasites are found in uncooked or undercooked fish – these can be fatal. Only 10% of fresh fish are inspected at all. That inspection cannot tell if the fish is infected with parasites as it can only be seen by microscope.
Do you drink tap water?
Contrary to popular belief, tap water is anything but safe and clean to drink. There is a reason so many water filters are sold here in the US, and parasites are just one of many things that may be in your water that you most certainly do not want to drink.
Do you eat food that is not home grown?
The most common culprit though is our food supply and nearly all of us eat food from unknown sources. Mishandling or undercooking of meats, vegetables washed in tainted source waters, transported improperly, or touched by not so clean hands, others preparing our food without properly washing their hands, there are a huge number of ways in which parasites can gain access to our bodies.
So, if these little buggers are everywhere, how do you avoid them?
Use gloves while gardening, working with manure, cleaning up pet accidents, or cleaning toilets, do not walk barefoot where dogs are walked or allowed, wash your hands often especially after touching animals, use filtered clean water in your home, wash all of your produce and use gloves while preparing raw meats and thoroughly clean all surfaces after meal preparation are all extremely helpful.
Studies have been done on proper hand washing – to wash your hands effectively soap and water is perfectly fine (in fact preferred over antibacterial soap which can drop your resistance over time to germs), but what most of us are doing wrong is that we are sticking our hands under the water for only a second or two and running off too quickly. 20 seconds of rubbing the soap in and rinsing has proven to remove pathogens, parasites and bacteria as well as germs. This is why when you see surgeons scrubbing in for a surgery they really “scrub in”. When washed more quickly and haphazardly things like salmonella, ecoli, parasites and bacteria remained when these hands were pressed against Petri dishes and studied under a microscope. So please take the extra few seconds and wash properly, your life and those of others depend on it.
If you are already experiencing symptoms that could be attributed to parasites, doing an internal cleanse is highly recommended. Herbs such as garlic, wormwood, clove, black walnut, and pumpkin seed all kill parasites.
While we do not yet have a parasite cleanse that we blend here in house at HCBL, the one I have done personally and recommend was from Universal Formulas ParasitEX
What to expect when cleansing
If you do not have parasites, during the cleanse you will not experience much of anything. The all-natural ingredients will pass right through you.
If you do have a parasite infection, what you will experience is called “die off” of the parasites and their eggs.
During Die Off you may have flu like symptoms, fever, headache, diarrhea, chills, and just generally feel under the weather. It will come in waves; you may feel terrible, then just fine an hour later. You may also re-experience exaggerated symptoms of whatever malady they have been causing you to start with. The cleanse itself lasts 3-4 weeks. As eggs hatch and die off you may experience die off symptoms for more than one bout during this period.
Though not pleasant, know that you are not getting sick, and this will pass. You are, by doing this cleanse, allowing your body to clear itself, which will lead to healing.
For more severe cases it may warrant a second round of cleansing. Please wait 3 weeks in between the end of this one and the next (this goes for any other cleanses as well, your body needs some rest and normalization in between.) *Please only do 1 cleanse at a time.
Parasites can range from microscopic to the tapeworm variety, which have been measured several feet long. When passed some will actually be visible in the bowl, so turn around and take a look.
The most common types are:
Hookworms (a microscopic worm that burrow into the body until they get to your small intestine. They then suck your blood through your intestinal wall).
Whipworms (named because they are shaped like a whip. The eggs from this worm are found in dry goods such as rice, beans, and grains).
Roundworms (These parasites get to over 15 inches long and can lay 200,000 eggs each day. These worms can cause intestinal blockages that may eventually impair the liver, kidney, and pancreas. Symptoms can include rashes, stomach pain, asthma, eye pain and more.)
Liver, lung, blood, or intestinal fluke– these little flat worms are localized in one or more sections of the bodily organs and can make you extremely ill.
If you suspect a parasite infection consult with your doctor to ensure none of the herbs contained will interact with current medications.